The concave shape of the wok offers fast and intense heating without needing to use too much fuel. This versatile cooking tool makes an excellent addition to any kitchen. We offer a varied selection of woks from the small and simple best suited for novice wok users to larger woks for professionals to carbon steel woks. Invest in this versatile and practical cooking vessel today.
Cooking Instructions with Woks that Help Prepare Sumptuous Meals
Although cooking with woks
does not asks for much training, still it would be better to keep certain important things in mind.
• Before cooking one has to ensure that all the ingredients are handy as this prevents over cooking.
• Place enough oil in the wok and heat it till it gives out smoke.
• Always stir the ingredients continuously especially meats, garlic and onion.
• If using electric wok for preparing several dishes, the temperature control has to be maintained.
• Although there is no maximum time for which food can be kept in woks, still the earlier one pours it in the servers more of the natural taste will be retained.
These points will not only make cooking easy but will keep wok in perfect shape for next time use.
How to Take Care of Woks
Taking care of woks is easy as one has to ensure that only seasoned ones are used and after use they are cleaned properly. For gentle cleaning, one can rinse off the wok with hot water after using it each time. Before placing it in the storage cabinet, users have to dry up its interior with a soft cloth or a paper towel. Medium to high heat is recommended with all kinds of woks, but still it would be better to stick to medium cooking as it prevents the food from overcooking.
A coarse cleanser is a big no-no as this will cause damage to the seasoned area. If one notices rust on the wok, it is better to season it again. Woks are never to be placed in dishwasher for cleaning as this is going to remove all the seasoned coating.
Learn more about woks