Craft Hand Fans Facts and Features
These craft hand fans or craft fans are specially-designed as drawing toys and they can cater to a wide array of kids' hand fan and art projects. They arrive solely as unfinished flat fans, which can be drawn, colored, or embellished using a coloring or decorating kit, like crayons, tempera paints, water color paints, non-toxic or child-friendly acrylic paints, markers, stamps, paper cutouts, or glue that is suitable for their wood, paper, or cardboard material.
Recommended for both girls and boys aged 5 and up, these craft hand fans are perfect for craft projects at home or in school, as Asian decoration or loot bag favor for kids' parties, special occasion gift for children, or as promotional gift for your kiddie customers and clients. While made durable enough to make your child's artwork last for decades, these craft fans can also serve as a supplementary cooling accessory as their handle, in particular, is made of a light, art-friendly material. Craft fans come in value sets of twelve (12) and are sure to put a big smile to every child and child-at-heart.
Craft Ideas with Craft Hand Fans for Kids
Paint Your Own Blank Wood Fans
Wood crafts for kids to paint are a hit these days in Asia and they come in a wide variety of shapes and styles, i.e., from the eye-catching wooden trains to the most versatile for crafts wood fans. Enjoy painting your blank wood fans outdoors, especially as a fun summer project.
You will need: Blank wooden fans, craft paints, Chinese paint brush, a small bowl of water for cleaning your paint brush, paper towel to get rid of the excess water from the paint brush, and a small piece of ceramic tile. Optional: stencil, pattern for your drawing, carbon paper, pencil
How to paint on wood fans:
1. Draw a rough sketch of your design on the surface of the wood fan. You can also use a stencil as your guide, or lay a sheet of carbon paper (ensure the dark side faces the surface of the wood fan) and then your paper with pattern over the carbon paper, and then trace your design using a pencil.
2. Squeeze a small amount of the craft paint onto the ceramic tile.
3. Dip your Chinese paint brush on the bowl of water to wet and remove the excess water by gently wiping it against the paper towel.
4. Dot the tip of the brush onto the paint on the ceramic tile to get a small amount of paint and then color your design.
5. Allow your painted wood fans to dry completely.
Kids' Glitter Hand Fans
Make your Chinese dragon fans and craft fans sparkle and perfect for decorating or as special gift for mom and dad on their special day by turning them into glitter hand fans.
You will need: Chinese dragon fans or blank craft fans, glitter in your favorite colors, Chinese paint brush, craft paint, a small piece of ceramic tile, a small bowl of water, and paper towel
How to make glitter hand fans:
1. Squeeze a small amount of craft paint onto the glossy surface of the ceramic tile.
2. Pour a very small amount of glitter in the same color over the craft paint on your tile.
3. Dip the Chinese brush onto the bowl of water to wet it slightly.
4. Wipe the brush onto the paper towel to get rid of the excess water.
5. Mix both glitter and paint together using the Chinese paint brush.
6. Color your hand fan using your glitter and paint mixture.
DIY Hand Fan Collage
Make your hand fans look more charming by decorating it with felt or paper cutouts, faux flowers, feathers, bows, ribbons, and many others to make them into a beautiful and fan collage.
You will need: Blank hand fans, craft glue, beads, ribbons, felt or paper cutouts, miniature silk or plastic flowers, satin ribbons, and other scrapbook materials that will make for a beautiful collage.
How to make DIY hand fan collage:
1. Gather all the materials you need for your collage.
2. Start by decorating the middle of the blank hand fan. Apply glue on the back of your craft material and individually stick onto the surface of your blank hand fan in your desired pattern.
Checkout other varieties of Japanese and Chinese arts and crafts for kids and for parties that we offer here on AsianIdeas.com, as well as Chinese game and toys
, paper lanterns
, and Japanese party decorations
that are sure to enliven your special occasions with a standout Asian elegance.